Met𝚊Mãsk chrome extension
How can you manage NFT tokens in MetaMask?
MetaMask is one of the prominent platforms in the crypto realm, especially for Ethereum traders as it is designed to hold the ETH and ETH-based tokes. And, it is available as a MetaMask chrome extension for browsers and as an application for mobile users.
So, if you want to store the purchased coins without worrying about security, you can dump all the supported assets in MetaMask. If you are wondering, what else you can get by using MetaMask, let me tell you that the functionalities of MetaMask are not just limited here, you can explore the decentralized world as well by connecting MetaMask with dApps.
Along with this, one more significant feature is it supports NFTs (Non-fungible tokens). Yes! You read it right, but how can you add and manage NFTs in your MetaMask extension or app can be your next query.
No worries! This read is entirely designed to resolve your queries regarding NFT management in MetaMask. After navigating through this read, I am sure you will be able to manage your NFTs easily.
NFT tokens in the MetaMask chrome extension
There are two ways to see and manage the NFTs in the MetaMask browser extension. One way is by using the Portfolio Dapp and another one is by adding NFTs manually as a custom token. We will explore both of the ways one by one, first have a look at the method of managing NFTs using Portfolio Dapp.
With Portfolio Dapp:
This can be considered as a standalone Dapp which aids you in managing your tokens (NFTs). In order to see your NFTs in MetaMask follow the steps outlined below.
- 1.First of all, open the Portfolio Dapp.
- 2.Now, you will see the button “Connect MetaMask” there.
- 3.Click it and sign in with MetaMask by providing the token address.
- 4.Hit “Next” and then press the “NFTs” slider button.
Now, you will be able to see your non-fungible tokens on MetaMask under the “NFTs” tab.
Steps to see NFTs by adding them as a custom token:
- 1.Firstly open the MetaMask extension, sign in and locate the “Assets” tab.
- 2.Press “Import tokens” you will see at the bottom of your screen.
- 3.Go to the “Custom token” and you will be asked to provide needful information such as the contract address. You can visit block explorer or the NFT marketplace to know the type and contract address of your NFT.
- 4.Once you have entered the contract address, the “Symbol” and a few other fields may auto-fill.
- 5.After filling in all the details, press “Add custom token” and then, you will be able to see your NFTs under the “your assets” tab.
Note: MetaMask Extension doesn’t have the ability to show you NFTs by default as it doesn’t have any such in-built feature.
NFT tokens in the MetaMask mobile application
Usually, NFTs will be shown to you under the NFTs tab but sometimes they might not appear in your mobile app or may show up wrongly. In the mobile application, you can turn on the auto-detect feature to detect and show your NFTs. But if auto-detection doesn’t work, you can add them manually.
- 1.First of all, find the contract address of your NFT. For instance, you can open OpenSea block explorer, and open the NFT page where under the “details” tab you will be able to locate the contract address for a particular NFT.
- 2.Find the address for NFT that you want to see and copy it to the clipboard.
- 3.Now, open the MetaMask mobile app and visit the “NFTs” section.
- 4.Scroll down the webpage and click on the link that says “Import NFTs”.
- 5.Now you will be asked to enter the contract address and a little more information about the token.
- 6.Paste the contract address that you’ve copied in the “address” field and fill in other details as well.
- 7.Thenceforth, get the NFT’s ID, which is also you can find under the “details” tab same as you got the contract address in 1st step.
- 8.After copying that NFT ID, paste it into the “ID” box.
- 9.Finally, hit the button “Add” to finalize the process and then you will be able to see your NFT coins under the “NFTs” tab.
As I’ve mentioned in the get-go of this write-up, MetaMask is specifically designed to store ETH and ETH-based tokens and is available as a MetaMask extension supported by several browsers such as Brave, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge browser. In addition to this, MetaMask serves as a bridge, using that one can transverse to explore the decentralised world as well as you can consider it as a hub of NFTs and Web3.
Since you have made it so far, I’m sure you have enjoyed this read and found it beneficial for you. Hopefully, after navigating through this write-up, now you are able to manage your NFTs without any clutter or hindrances.
Good Luck with your MetaMask journey!
With one-time MetaMask login, you can explore great possibilities and enjoy a hassle-free trading and storage experience. In case you were wondering whether or not you can purchase crypto through MoonPay, then you might have got your answer after reading the details that I have given in this post.
On the other hand, if you are a crypto trader already and deal with Ethereum-based crypto assets, then you can simply use MetaMask for the safe storage of those crypto assets.
I hope you liked our post on how you can use MoonPay with MetaMask wallet to make quick and easy purchases of crypto.